Sunday 25 November 2018

Hotel Review: Heritage Hotel, Madurai


Madurai is 3rd largest city in the State of Tamilnadu. It is also known as Temple city & is situated on the banks of River Vaigai. The famous attractions of Madurai are Meenakshi Amman Temple, Tirupparamkunram & Thirumalai Nayak Palace.

recently got an opportunity to visit Madurai for my official trip. This was my maiden visit to the city. I booked my To & Fro air tickets in Jet Airways flight, which had 1 stop at Chennai on both side journeys. Next task was booking the hotel for Madurai.

After reading the Hotel reviews at various travel portals, I chose Hotel Heritage for my 2 nights stay at Madurai. The hotel is situated on Melakkal Main Road.

I chose this hotel due to following reasons:

1. Proximity to Meenakshi Amman Temple & other attractions of the city. Meenakshi temple was just 15 mins. away from the hotel. The venue of my official meetings was also just 30 mins away from the hotel.

2. The hotel has a huge compound, full of trees & greenery. I preferred to stay at peaceful atmosphere.

3. As the name suggests, one can experience the heritage stay at this resort.


On the travel day, my flight landed at Madurai Airport at 2:30 pm. I booked an OLA Cab from Airport to hotel. The drive to hotel took approx. 30 minutes. 

Check-in

I reached the hotel reception & was greeted by Mr. Karthik. The check-in was done promptly. A battery operated vehicle took me to my room which was located on the other side of property. 

Room 

Room was very spacious. Although the built was traditional, almost all the modern amenities were available in the room. The room had 2 separate portions of sitting & bedroom area.

Both sitting & bedroom areas had separate ACs & LED TVs. The bed was large & very comfortable. The bathroom was huge, although quite basic. However, all amenities were present there. 

To my surprise, my room also had a private pool on the backside. The pool was surrounded by high walls. The water temperature was also controlled. The access to pool area was from bathroom as well as from bedroom.

Later, Hotel staff informed me that they also have deluxe rooms, which are slightly economical & do not have private pool with them.

Restaurant 

Hotel has a restaurant, a Bar & a coffee shop. I had my dinner & breakfast in the restaurant. The food is very delicious. There are ample options for Curries, Rice dishes, and many Chettinad & other preparations. The coffee served by them was super refreshing. 

The food is expensive, as it is so in most of the restaurants in hotels. But, if you do not want to go out for meals, you can have a lot of options here.

Otherwise, many restaurants are also available in the nearby area.

Services

Hotel staff is well trained by management. They are courteous, polite & are always ready to help the guests. 

Since the rooms are spread in a big area, the room service is not so fast. However, it is also not a negative point here.

Activities

The resort offers many activities here. SPA, pool, badminton, TT, small library can help you in relaxing. The surrounding is lush green so one can just sit & relax in the peaceful atmosphere.

Overall, I had a great stay here. Hotel is value for money & is highly recommended. 












No comments:

Post a Comment