Sunday 16 December 2018

Hotel Review : Radisson Blu Chennai City Centre, Chennai


Please click here to read our latest review of Radisson Blu Atria, Bengaluru.

After my 1 night stay at Bengaluru, I had to visit Chennai. I took an evening 5 pm flight of Jet Airways from Bengaluru to Chennai. The flight was operated in ATR 72 aircraft.

I reached at Bengaluru airport by 3:45 pm. Check-in & Security check was completed very fast. I reached to the assigned gate & waited for the boarding to start. 

The boarding started at 4:15 pm. The passengers boarded a bus, which took us to our aircraft. We boarded the aircraft from rear gate. 

At 4:45 pm, the doors of aircraft were closed. We started for runway & the plane took off exactly at 5 pm. 

The flight was comfortable & despite of heavy clouds throughout the flight, we experienced minimal turbulence. We landed at 5:40 pm at Chennai Airport, which was much ahead of scheduled arrival of 6:15 pm.

After collecting my luggage from baggage belt, I came out of airport. Meanwhile, I had also booked an OLA for my hotel, Radisson Blu Chennai City Centre.


However, the driver cancelled the booking as my payment mode was OLA money.

Fortunately, there was a booth of OLA at the airport itself. I approached them & they quickly booked another cab for me. They asked me to walk till OLA pickup point, which was just 50 meters ahead. 

Another staff of OLA was present there to assist the passengers. I could hardly wait for a minute & my taxi was there to pick me.

Meanwhile, it also started to rain heavily. The drive from airport to hotel took approximately one & half hour, due to rains & traffic. I reached the hotel at 7:30 pm & approached the reception for Check-in.

This hotel is located at Ethiraj Salai in Egmore. The reception staff completed the check-in formality quickly. Meanwhile, I was offered with a chilled glass of Guava juice, which was very refreshing.

They checked me into a business category room on the 5th floor. The room had a nice view of Chennai City. 

Room was very spacious. Interiors were not so vibrant but extra large size of the room was an advantage. 

Room was equipped with all necessary amenities. A large screen HDTV, tea coffee maker, minibar, large wardrobe & spacious bathroom were good enough for a comfortable stay.

Bed was very soft & comfortable. TV had lot of options, including Hindi, English & regional languages.

I ordered my dinner from room service. The food was tasty & services were very fast. The services of housekeeping team was also prompt & they attended my requests swiftly.

Next morning, I visited their restaurant at L2 level for breakfast. The breakfast had a very wide spread. There were lot many options for South Indian, North Indian, Continental & other foods. They also had a separate section for Japanese food, which was probably arranged specially for some Japanese guests, staying with them. There is a tea lounge at Lobby level, where one can have their small meetings.

An outlet of Shri Krishna Sweets is just walkable  from hotel. One can visit them & taste the Mysore Pa (Mysore pak) at this famous sweet outlet.

Overall, I had a great stay at the hotel. It is centrally located & well approachable from many important places of Chennai.

The hotel is value for money & is highly recommended. 










2 comments:

  1. Great information you have shared here, through this post. Thanks and keep sharing such valuable updates through your side.

    Regenta Central Deccan Chennai

    ReplyDelete